Reading Notes: Part A, Week 3

Bibliography: Ahalya by Ralph T.H. Griffith

I liked the format of this story, because it was laid out like a poem. This story revolves around Indra and Ahalya's complicated relationship, which becomes a problem in the eyes of Gautama. Indra diguises himself as Guatama, trying to get with Ahalya. Once Gautama found out of all this, he cursed both of them for their wrongdoings. In my opinion, I don't think Ahalya should have been cursed, so if I were to write a story over this one, I'd change up those parts. Although Rama saves Ahalya, I would most likely have gone about things differently.

Reading poetry is much more amusing to the eye and I feel as if I am more engaged when things are written out like poems. I am able to act in out in my head as I read it and have some fun while I'm at it.



Bibliography: Rama Wins Sita by Donald A. Mackenzie

I also like the formatting of this story, because it is easy to read and also uses a poetic style. This story revolves around Rama and his efforts to win Sita as his bride. In previous readings, he has been love struck with Sita and attempts to win her over. I also like how this story was going here and there, marking some anticipation. The climax was built pretty well and was keeping me deeply engaged on what I was reading. Although, these stories are a little tough to read, because it's formatted differently and has mythical features.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the simple life of Paul

Week 5 Story: Jess and Jones